Why would this group be relevant to me?
Stress, anxiety, and depression may be at an all time high right now. For many of us, past coping skills just don’t seem to be working quite as well as they used to. This group is specifically designed to help us build the capacity and tools we need to cope with the things that get thrown our way.
Usually, when we think about navigating emotions and behaviors we tend to use a top down approach. When I say top down I mean changing our cognitive thoughts to therefore change how we feel or behave. However, recent research on how our body and emotions actually work show us that our bodies are highly involved in our emotional experience. What happens on a body or nervous system level plays a big part in what we feel and think!
The Breath and Movement group is specifically designed to take what research has shown us about the body- brain connection and implement it to help us regulate our stress and anxiety levels. This may be a different approach than what you are used to, however I believe you will be surprised by it’s effectiveness.
What will I learn in this group?
The three main focuses of the group are:
- psychoeducation surrounding how the nervous system works
- simple and practical breath work
- movement that supports regulation
What we will cover in the group has been specifically designed to share some of the things that have made the biggest difference in my own mental health journey as well as the journey’s of so many of my clients!
What can I expect during each group?
- Part of each group will be dedicated to exploring how the nervous system works and why certain practices are effective.
- Each group will also focus on simple and practical breath work that you can take and use anywhere
- Group will also incorporate movement practices (similar but not identical to yoga in nature) that will focus on strengthening the diaphragm and posture and exploring how movement can support regulation
Do I need prior experience?
No, this group is great for beginners who are hearing about nervous system regulation for the first time as well as those well versed in PolyVagal theory.
What is the time commitment and how much does it cost?
The group is 6 weeks in length and will meet every Wednesday at 10 am starting on June 16. We are excited to be able to offer all 6 weeks for a total of $150.
Where do I go to sign up or if I have further questions?
To sign up or for additional questions, please contact the Restoration Hope office at email@example.com or 303-775-3684.
Do I need prior experience?
Nope! This group is great for beginners who are hearing about nervous system regulation for the first time as well as those well versed in PolyVagal theory.